Daily Devotional for February 3, 2016

Psalm 86:11
Tell me where you want me to go and I will go there. May every fiber of my being unite in reverence to your name.

The Living Bible copyright © 1971 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
       
Sometimes, events or circumstances seem to stop us in our tracks, and we do well to put one foot in front of the other. The first few days after our loved ones passed, Greg and I pretty well went where we were told.  We knew we had to be at this place at this hour…and that place the next.  While my mother was hospitalized and on Hospice care, I got right up each morning and did what had to be done all day…with little thought or question.  Now, there are mornings when I lie in bed and give myself a pep talk to get up and get going.

This is grief and mourning in action…and I know that it will pass.  And you may be going through some of these same things. You may not be grieving the death of a loved one…but you may be dealing with an illness…the loss of a job or a cut in pay…a class load that is difficult – or doesn’t present a challenge (and both can be stressful)…bills that are piling up…relationship problems…aging…and more - the list is endless.  The common denominator is a sense of aimlessness…a deep-seated feeling that you need someone to point you in the right direction – and give you a big shove.

This is what God can do for us.  He can show us where to go – and how to get there.  We don’t have to have all of the answers – at least not now.  We just have to trust Him to get us where we need to be…and to watch and listen for His guidance.

I am so grateful to have God’s leadership.  I begin each day by asking Him to show me what to do…TODAY.  In the movie
“Gone With the Wind,” Scarlett O’Hara says, “…tomorrow is another day.”  This may be true…but you and I will not always be promised tomorrow.  So we must trust God to get us through this day…and He will!  We must be willing to say, “LORD…tell me where You want me to go, and I will go there.”  We must revere His authority, respect His plans…and trust His directions.

If you read the 17th verse of Psalm 86 in
The Message, it says, “Make a show of how much you love me so the bullies who hate me will stand there slack-jawed…as you, God, gently and powerfully put me back on my feet.”  These “bullies” refer to the devil and his attempts to pull you away from God with all of these challenges.  But God is ready and able to put us back on our feet – if only we will trust Him to do so.  Are you ready and willing to do follow His lead?  Don’t you think you should be?

©2016 Debbie Robus

No comments: